Is AVG free antivirus good enough to protect your computer?

AVG is a free anti-virus security software for your computer. I have been using AVG for a few years now and have been quite satisfied with it. Normally a computer comes with versions of Norton or McAfee security systems, when you buy a new computer. Some of these security features have a time limit and inevitably, the time limit runs out after a year or two. Many of these security systems want to charge a monthly fee, to keep your computer safe.

No Fees for the Free Version

If you are like me and don't want to pay a monthly fee for internet security and anti-virus protection, there are a few free internet security options out there. Personally I have found the best results with AVG free anti-virus. I normally wait until the free version of Norton or McAfee has run out and and then I delete those particular programs from my computer and load the free version of AVG anti-virus software.

Set Your Own Scans

You can set the different scans on AVG to search your entire computer or just scan certain files. I find this very useful because I usually have a pretty good idea of what kind of stuff is getting loaded on to my computer, whether I want it or not and usually I don't want it. I have mine set up so it quickly scans right where I want it to. It also "heals all the infections for you" on your computer after you scan it . There is also a safe search option on the free AVG anti-virus that checks for possible bad sites to avoid.

PC Tuneup

AVG also has a PC tuneup option available for a free, one time use, if you download AVG for the first time. After you use the PC tuneup, you can't use it again unless you upgrade the service, which does have a cost or fee. You can upgrade AVG at any time for a charge but I just use the free version and have had a lot of luck with it.

More Information:

For more information about AVG anti-virus software, feel free to check out the AVG free anti-virus download home page. Make sure your computer is compatible before ever making changes to it. Many security programs and software are not compatible with each other, so be sure and only make changes to your computer if you know what you are doing. If you do not know what you are doing I would advise having a computer technician make the changes for you.

http://www.avg.com/us-en/homepage